How cats were used in the war

Today we had to read a page about Anzac animals and how they were used during wars. We had to pick which animal we were going to learn about. The choices were horses, donkeys, mules, camels, pigeons, dogs and cats. I picked cats and researched how cats were used in the war, then we had to make a Google Drawing and write what we learnt. I hope you enjoy my work!

4 thoughts on “How cats were used in the war

1. Hello, my name is Nika, and I’m a year 7 student from Paihia School. I personally loved the cat pictures, they looked so cute in those little uniforms. Your work has taught me how cats are more than cute furry things that stick around you. It has also brought me back to the time when I started feeding a cat that came to my house. Would the cats survive the wars?

2. Hello Bella my name is Amaira and i’m from Paihia School.

I enjoyed the part when you said you picked cats and researched how cats were used in the war, then you
    had to make a Google drawing and write what you learnt. I like it because you explained what you did and how you did it.

When I read your blog post I learnt that cats were used in the war.

Have you ever had a pet cat ?

3. Hi, my name is Lilly and I’m from Paihia School. I love this because its about cats and cats are one of my favourite animals. This also reminded me of when I was in Auckland with my auntie and we went to Devonport Caves for Anzac day. Why did you pick cats as a choice?

4. Kia ora we are in room 4 from Tautoro School. We are years 3 and 4 students.
    We loved your work because it taught us a little bit about how cats are helpful during war times. We didn’t realise that they could be used during the war. We like how the cats were used to catch the pests so they didn’t eat all the food. What we are wondering is if some of those photos are just there for entertainment (they look cute but fake).